This policy tells you how we use your information based on what you tell us about yourself, what we learn by having you as a customer, and the choices you make during your relationship with us. This policy also explains most of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). We will make small changes to this policy before 25 May 2018.
We encourage you to take time to read this policy and get in touch if you have any questions.
Our privacy commitment
We take your personal data very seriously and you can expect, as a customer, information we hold about you will not be disclosed to anyone other than in the circumstances listed below:
· where we are legally required to disclose
· where we have a public duty to disclose
· where our legitimate business purposes require disclosure
· where the disclosure is made with your consent
· as set out in other circumstances within this document
We promise to keep your data safe and private.
Data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.mainecoonautomotive.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
Lawful basis for processing your information
Under the GDPR, we can only use your personal information where we have a reason to do so. We use our personal information on the following lawful bases:
· Consent: where you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
· Contract: processing is necessary for us to fulfil a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
· Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law.
· Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests; however, these interests will not outweigh your rights as an individual.
· We will make changes to this policy before 25 May 2018 to include our lawful bases why we may use your information including detailing our legitimate interests.
Information we use
Mainecoon use the following information about you:
· Contact Information: where you live and your contact details such as telephone number and email address
· Communication information: your contact with us including calls, emails, letters.
· Preferences: how you use our product and services. This includes any consent provided during your applications such as marketing preference.
· Device data: information collected from your devices (computer, mobile, tablet etc.) and your usage of our website